Please consult the following information to learn more about admission requirements for the M.Ed. in School Counseling.
- A Bachelor’s degree in human development, psychology or related major is required. Individuals with other majors may request a transcript audit to determine if their course work meets the minimum course content in the following:
- Introduction to Human Development or Psychology;
- Human Behavior;
- Developmental Psychology (Ex. Child Development, Adolescent Development, Lifespan);
- Research or Statistics
- Passing scores on MTEL communication tests (both reading and writing) recommended
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Possible interview
Prerequisite coursework can be taken at any accredited college/university, including Merrimack College. It must be completed with a grade B or better prior to enrolling in graduate classes.
If you have questions about prerequisite coursework, contact the Office of Graduate Studies at email@example.com or 978-837-3563.