Social Work Graduate Fellowships
Earn your Master of Social Work and reduce your tuition with a graduate fellowship.
Save 50 to 100% of your first year of tuition while gaining professional experience through a site placement! The Master of Social Work offers two levels of fellowships:
- A Presidential Fellowship provides 100% of your first year graduate tuition and includes a 9-month, 25 hour per week, unpaid fellowship placement.
- A Provost Fellowship provides 50% of your first year graduate tuition and includes a 9-month, 15 hour per week, unpaid fellowship placement.
Note that, because of the 900 hours of field work integrated into the MSW curriculum, fellowships are not available for the second year of the program. Instead, all MSW graduate fellows will be automatically eligible for scholarship in the second year.
Social Work Fellowship Process
Important Information for 2024-2025 fellowships:
Application Deadline: February 15, 2024
Interviews with Potential Supervisors: February 27 – March 1, 2024
Fellowship Decisions Released: March 15, 2024
First Day of Fellowship Training: August 12, 2024
Courses Begin: Late August 2024
Duration of Fellowship Placement: August 26, 2024 to late June 2025
We strongly encourage you to apply as soon as possible for your best chance at a preferred placement. Applications will be accepted until all fellowship positions have been filled.
The process is as follows:
- Submit your online application. Be sure to indicate your fellowship interest within your application.
- Submit your initial ranking form. Students who are accepted for admission and invited to interview for a fellowship will be eligible to review and rank their preferred positions. If you are invited, your invitation will include a deadline for submitting your selections. Please note: we do not guarantee that you will be invited to interview for your top selections.
- Complete your site interviews. First round of interviews will take place.
- Submit your post-interview rankings. After the interviews, both students and sites must complete and submit their post-interview ranking forms, ranking their preferences for final placement.
- Receive your match notification. Match letters will be sent to all students and supervisors.
- Participation in the fellowship placement process is NOT a guarantee of a fellowship.
- Duties and tasks are negotiated between the fellowship’s supervisor and the Director of MSW Field Education.
Questions? All interested students should email Jeanne Zilliox for further information.
Fellowship Job Opportunities
The below list of positions is representative of what fellowships are available, but may not be up-to-date. Please view the Social Work Fellowship Positions document for the most current information and a full description of each position.
PRESIDENTIAL FELLOWSHIP POSITIONS
- Student-Athlete Compliance Graduate Fellow
- Freshman Admission Graduate Assistant
- Academic Coach Compass Program
- First Year Experience Fellow
- Campus-Wide Tutoring Programs Coordinator & Success Coach
- Student Involvement Fellow- Fraternity/Sorority Life and Leadership
- Career Advisor
- Presidential Graduate Fellowship for Civic and Community Engagement
- Activate Graduate Office Advisor and Academic Success Coach
- Accessibility Services Graduate Office Advisor and Academic Success Coach
- Food Recovery Network Program Coordinator Graduate Fellow
- Intercultural Initiatives Program Assistant
*PROVOST FELLOWSHIP POSITIONS
- Athletic Operations Graduate Fellow
- Equipment Operations Graduate Fellow
- Men’s Golf – Coaching/Operations Graduate Fellow
- Women’s Golf – Coaching/Operations Graduate Fellow
- Women’s Rowing – Coaching/Operations Graduate Fellow
- Women’s Swimming – Coaching/Operations Graduate Fellow
- Women’s Volleyball – Coaching/Operations Graduate Fellow
- Men’s XC/Track – Coaching/Operations Graduate Fellow
- Women’s XC/Track – Coaching/Operations Graduate Fellow
- Field Hockey – Coaching/Operations Graduate Fellow
- Graduate Faculty and Student Support Fellow
- Graduate Fellow for Management
- Graduate Fellow for Accounting and Finance
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling Research Assistant
- Warrior One Stop Student Services Specialist
- Advising Center Program Coordinator for ITEC
- Career Advisor Graduate Fellow
- Enrollment Service Concierge Graduate Fellow
- Research Assistant, Community Engagement Program
- Communications Fellow – School of Science & Engineering
- Athletic Community Engagement Graduate Fellow
*The Provost Fellowships are not eligible to count as social work field placements. A 16 hour per week social work field placement is required in year 1 and these do not qualify as meeting the CSWE SW competencies.