Master of Science in Civil Engineering
Develop more in-depth technical knowledge and skills to boost your prospects of advancement with our Master of Science in Civil Engineering.
Finish in as little as 9-12 months
- Fall and spring start dates
- 9-, 12- or 18-month programs
- No GRE/GMAT required
- 32 credits/8 courses
- Evening and day courses
- Scholarships and Presidential Fellowships
Learn from the Best
- High caliber faculty who are practitioners
- Classmates with a range of interests/careers
Customized for You
- Small class sizes with personalized attention
- Create your own area of focus in geotechnical engineering, structural engineering and more
- Explore a directed research study
- Secure a directed internship to gain experience and build your portfolio
- Apply for a Fellowship to gain skills and defray tuition costs
You’ll have the option to specialize in engineering management. This specialization “bridges the gap” between engineering and management, enabling graduates to work with people to get things done. It combines a typical engineering education (technical) with key elements of a typical management or business education (managerial).
Our Master of Science in Civil Engineering is uniquely designed to respond to the significant demands for advanced degrees for careers in civil engineering.
The M.S. in Civil Engineering can lead to careers in:
- Consulting engineering firms
- City and state government
- Construction management
Civil engineers work with the planning, design, construction and operations of buildings, bridges, transportation infrastructure, and environmental and utility systems. You may work in design, administration, research or teaching.
Why a Master’s in Civil Engineering?
Civil engineering is a highly versatile degree allowing graduates to work in many different industries and professions. Our civil engineering graduates work for consulting engineering firms, for city and state government, and in construction management. Civil engineers work with the planning, design, construction, and operations of buildings, bridges, transportation infrastructure, and environmental and utility systems. You may work in design, administration, research, or teaching.
The following video takes a look at the M.S. in Civil Engineering program and showcases the depth of knowledge of our faculty and the research opportunities available to our students.
For more information on the Master of Science in Civil Engineering, contact the Office of Graduate Admission at email@example.com or 978-837-3563.