Criminology and Criminal Justice Fellowships
Graduate fellowships in the Criminology and Criminal Justice program are highly competitive programs that build and enhance your professional skills and defray tuition costs.
The Presidential Fellowship provides 100% of a student’s graduate tuition.
It requires a non-credit fellowship course and a 25-hour-a-week unpaid fellowship placement. Check out our Fellowship positions.
Criminology and Criminal Justice Fellowship Process
The fellowship selection/appointment process for the Master of Science in Criminology and
Criminal Justice program is as follows:
- To be considered for a graduate fellowship, apply by the priority deadline of Feb. 15, 2022, to the Master of Science in Criminology and Criminal Justice program and indicate your fellowship interest within your online application..
- Your statement must be 500-1,000 words in length.
- Your statement must be submitted through the graduate admissions application portal.
- You will be notified of your status in the process by March 1, 2022.
- You will then receive a list of all available fellowships in the program.
- We will schedule your interviews with the program director and faculty members in the Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice.
- Participate in virtual interviews during the week of March 21-25, 2022.
- You will be notified of your match no later than April 1, 2022.
- You will have until April 15, 2022, to accept or decline the fellowship.
- Participation in the fellowship placement process is NOT a guarantee of a
- Recruits in the Merrimack College Police Academy are not eligible for a fellowship position, due to the time commitment required for police academy training.
- If you are offered and accept a fellowship position, you will not be eligible for any other discounts or scholarships, including a merit-based Dean scholarship or the Double Warrior alumni scholarship.
- When you apply for the fellowship, you are also automatically considered for the traditional degree program.
If you are admitted into the traditional program but not offered a fellowship, you will automatically be considered for a Dean scholarship.
- If you are originally awarded a scholarship and then are given a fellowship placement, you will no longer receive the merit scholarship. The fellowship will replace any other discounts.
Questions? All interested students should email Megan Haggerty in Graduate Admissions for further information.
Available Fellowship Positions
Please note: The following position descriptions represent a sample of all that will be available for our programs. Please check back for additional opportunities, which will be added in early 2022.
Dean and Alumni Scholarships
Dean and Alumni Scholarships are available to students who are not receiving a fellowship. No additional application is needed.