Criminology and Criminal Justice Fellowships
Graduate fellowships in the Criminology and Criminal Justice program are highly competitive opportunities that build and enhance your professional skills and defray tuition costs.
The Presidential Fellowship provides 100% of a student’s graduate tuition.
It requires a non-credit fellowship course and a 25-hour-a-week unpaid fellowship placement. Check out our Fellowship positions.
Criminology and Criminal Justice Fellowship Process
To be considered for a graduate fellowship, apply to the Master of Science in Criminology and Criminal Justice program and indicate your fellowship interest within your online application.
Important Information for 2023-2024 fellowships:
The Master of Science in Criminology and Criminal Justice program is still accepting fellowship applications on a rolling basis!
We strongly encourage you to apply as soon as possible for your best chance at a preferred placement. Applications will be accepted until all fellowship positions have been filled.
The process is as follows:
- Submit your online application. Be sure to indicate your fellowship interest within your application.
- Submit your initial ranking form. Students who are accepted for admission and invited to interview for a fellowship will be eligible to review and rank their preferred positions. If you are invited, your invitation will include a deadline for submitting your selections. Please note: we do not guarantee that you will be invited to interview for your top selections.
- Complete your site interviews. First round of interviews will take place.
- Submit your post-interview rankings. After the interviews, both students and sites must complete and submit their post-interview ranking forms, ranking their preferences for final placement.
- Receive your match notification. Match letters will be sent to all students and supervisors.
- Participation in the fellowship placement process is NOT a guarantee of a fellowship.
- Recruits in the Merrimack College Police Academy are not eligible for a fellowship position, due to the time commitment required for police academy training.
- If you are offered and accept a fellowship position, you will not be eligible for any other discounts or scholarships, including a merit-based Dean scholarship or the Double Warrior alumni scholarship.
- When you apply for the fellowship, you are also automatically considered for the traditional degree program.
If you are admitted into the traditional program but not offered a fellowship, you will automatically be considered for a Dean scholarship.
- If you are originally awarded a scholarship and then are given a fellowship placement, you will no longer receive the merit scholarship. The fellowship will replace any other discounts.
Questions? All interested students should email Megan Haggerty in Graduate Admissions for further information.
Available Fellowship Positions
The below list of positions is representative of what fellowships are available, but may not be up-to-date. Please view the Criminology and Criminal Justice Fellowship Positions document for the most current information and a full description of each position.
Presidential Fellowships provide 100% of your graduate tuition and include a 9-month, unpaid fellowship placement of 25 hours per week.
Provost Fellowships provide 50% of a your graduate tuition and include a 9-month, unpaid fellowship placement of 15 hours per week.
PRESIDENTIAL FELLOWSHIP POSITIONS
- Community Standards Graduate Fellow
- Graduate Resident Director
- Advising Fellow, Department of Criminology & Criminal Justice
PROVOST FELLOWSHIP POSITIONS
- Police Academy Fellowship
- Jail Education Provostial Fellowship
- Statistics and Research Methods Teaching Assistant Provost Fellowship
- Equipment Operations Graduate Fellow
- Men’s Golf – Coaching/Operations Graduate Fellow
- Men’s Volleyball – Coaching/Operations Graduate Fellow
- Women’s Bowling – Coaching/Operations Graduate Fellow
- Women’s Golf – Coaching/Operations Graduate Fellow
- Women’s Ice Hockey – Coaching/Operations Graduate Fellow
- Women’s Rowing – Coaching/Operations Graduate Fellow
- Women’s Swimming – Coaching/Operations Graduate Fellow
- Women’s Volleyball – Coaching/Operations Graduate Fellow
- Men’s XC/Track – Coaching/Operations Graduate Fellow
- Women’s XC/Track – Coaching/Operations Graduate Fellow
- Field Hockey – Coaching/Operations Graduate Fellow
Dean and Alumni Scholarships
Dean and Alumni Scholarships are available to students who are not receiving a fellowship. No additional application is needed.