Community Health Education
The Master of Science in Community Health Education prepares you to work in a variety of healthcare and public health settings where you will develop and administer health education and health promotion programs for diverse populations.
Finish in as little as 9-12 months
New January start option with generous scholarships available
FellowshipsOur fellows graduate in one year with a Master of Science degree. The fellowship offers you a reduced rate of graduate tuition, ranging from 30 - 50 percent savings. To complete the program in one year, you must complete 32 credits within one academic year. Fellowships are offered in the spring and fall terms.
What is a Community Health Educator?
Community health educators provide and manage programs that help individuals, families and communities to improve and maintain optimal health. They serve as vital resources who work with other health professionals and public health teams to administer fiscal assets for health education programs.
What Will I Learn?
- You’ll study current health issues and learn how to identify community needs.
- You’ll learn how to apply evidence-based professional practices as a health education specialist in communities, hospitals, government agencies, schools and private firms.
- You’ll plan, implement, monitor and evaluate programs designed to encourage healthy lifestyles.
- You’ll collect and analyze data for evaluating and developing policies that promote healthy environments.
You’ll be prepared for a career as a health education specialist, community health education director/manager/coordinator, healthcare administrator and health counselor. Employment opportunities exist at hospitals, medical clinics, government agencies, schools/school districts, Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs) and non-profit organizations.
You’ll find our grads in prestigious jobs such as:
- Public Health Associate, Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- Coordinator of the Active Living Center, Merrimack Valley YMCA
- Substance Abuse Prevention Outreach Manager, Board of Health, City of Malden, MA
- Health Education Teacher
- Community Relations Coordinator
- Teacher, Pentucket Regional High School
Ask about scholarships designed for you.